This is a general About page including an Artist Statment, Awards, Publications, Exhibitions, Clients, Memberships and Education. If you are looking for About Information specific to Weddings please click here
or start at the Weddings navigation button above.
For over fifteen years I have taken photographs that tell stories and preserve unique images of people, places and things. I look for, and capture, moments in time that I know will never occur quite the same way again.
For example, there is a pond in Maine that I like to photograph. To a passerby, the pond may appear simple, but to my eye it is alive, filled with scenes that change over time as they're affected by light conditions, weather and human interaction. My experience allows me to choose from these dynamic moments, capturing photographs that tell the story of this place. Similarly, when photographing people, I find images that may be the only way their story is told. I love to watch for when a groom sees his bride coming down the aisle so I can catch that single moment that happens just as he sees her smiling at him, the way he stands and the feel of the air about them. These are the images that fill my work.
A graduate of New York University's Tisch School of the Arts for Film & Television and a member of the Professional Photographers of America, my photography is on display in corporate offices, private homes and fine restaurants throughout the United States, and has been exhibited in galleries and museums around New England and the Midwest. I was an early adopter of digital technology, using computer imaging since the early 1990's. My current work is captured digitally with Canon equipment. Previously, I used Kodak professional color and black+white negative films and some of my landscape work was shot with a Mamiya 7 II rangefinder.
- Signature Kitchens & Baths 2010 Kitchen Showcase
- Angus Topics Volume 55, Number 9, October 2009
- Newport Wedding Magazine 2009-2010
- Signature Kitchens & Baths Spring 2009 - 2009 Bath Design Awards Issue
- Balancing the Tides A Newport Journal issue 5
- Newport Life Magazine's Home & Lifestyle 2009
- Newport Life Magazine's Newport Wedding 2008-2009
- Signature Kitchens & Baths September/October 2008 - "10th Anniversary Design Awards Issue"
- Balancing the Tides A Newport Journal issue 4
- Newport Life Magazine's Newport Wedding 2008
- Signature Kitchens & Baths volume 14, number 5 - "The 9th Annual Design Awards Issue"
- La Bella Bride 2008
- Southern New England Weddings, 2005-2010 editions
- The Best of Signature Baths, Creative Homeowner, Creative Homeowner Press, 2007.
- Balancing the Tides A Newport Journal issue 3
- Brides Northern California Spring/Summer 2007
- Signature Kitchens & Baths volume 12, number 3 - "The 8th Annual Design Awards Issue"
- Limited edition giclée "State House Turret" sold as part of The Kane Collection, Kane Gallery - Boston, MA
- CATS 24/7, Smolan & Elliot, Chronicle Books, 2005.
- The Center for Fine Art Photography DIA Invitational Exhibition, Denver International Airport, Denver, CO (May - August 2007)
- "Cats and Dogs take Manhattan", Bryant Park, New York, NY (June 2005)
- Wickford Art Association Gallery, Wickford, RI - 16th Annual Open Juried Photography Show (May 2005)
- The Artists' Cooperative Gallery of Westerly, Westerly, RI - 2005 Juried Regional Fine Arts Show (April 2003)
- Wickford Art Association Gallery, Wickford, RI - Avant Garde / Abstract Art Open Juried Show (November 2004)
- Warwick Museum of Art, Warwick, RI - The Eighteenth Annual Rhode Island Open Juried Art Competition and Exhibition (October 2004)
- Wickford Art Association Gallery, Wickford, RI - 15th Annual Open Juried Photography Show (May 2004)
- The Gallery at City Hall, Gallery Night Providence: A Survey of Artwork from Member Galleries (September - October 2003)
- The Artists' Cooperative Gallery of Westerly - 2003 Spring Regional Juried Art Show (April 2003)
- Danforth Museum of Art, Framingham, MA - New England Photographers 2003 group show (May - September 2003)
- Wickford Art Association Gallery, Wickford, RI - 14th Annual Open Juried Photography Show (May 2003)
- Blackstone Valley Visitor Center, Pawtucket, RI - Pawtucket Arts Collaborative bi-monthly group shows
- Wickford Art Association Gallery, Wickford, RI - bi-annual group shows
- Gallery I.N.S.A.N.E., Providence, RI - periodic group shows
Clients & Corporate collectors include:
- The American Institute of Wine & Food
- Atria Senior Living Group, Inc.
- The Brush's End - Danbury, CT
- Business Development Company of Rhode Island
- Catholic Cemeteries
- City Year
- Corporate Art Group, Inc.
- CVS Corporation
- East Greenwich Housing Authority
- Esquire Deposition Services
- Exquisite Events - Newport, RI
- Friendship Force International
- Get Your House in Order - New York City
- Golden Gate Studio - Cranston, RI
- Gracie's Restaurant - Providence, RI
- Holland's Art Gallery & Framing - Warwick, RI
- Jennifer Binnick Fashion - New York City
- La Prima Caffe
- Longwood Events Belle Mer
- March of Dimes
- MetLife Auto & Home
- Metropolitan College of New York
- Miss Rhode Island & Miss Rhode Island Outstanding Teen
- OceanCliff, The Newport Experience, IDC.
- The Olde San Francisco Creamery Co.
- On 3 Productions - New York City
- Providence College
- Providence Prime (via Corporate Art Group, Inc.)
- Rhode Island Dental Association
- Rhode Island PBS
- Roofing Concepts, Inc. - Rhode Island
- Sheraton New Orleans (via W R Creative, LLC - Chicago, IL)
- Simply Baths - Danbury, CT
- Sullivan & Company CPA's, LLP - Providence, RI
- Taste Network
- Textron Inc.
- Textron Financial Corp.
- The Washington Trust Company
- Wyndham Bay Voyage Inn - Jamestown, RI
- Professional Photographers of America
- New York University, Tisch School of the Arts, B.F.A. Film & Television